£37,500 - £45,000 | PER ANNUM
Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading distributer in their search for a Transport Manager for their site in Telford.
Due to the location of the site you MUST have your own transport.
For the successful Transport Manager our client is offering:
The role - Transport Manager:
- Starting salary of between £37,500 - £45,000 per annum (D.O.E)
- 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday (some flexibility will be needed)
- 28 days holiday
- Permanent position.
- Company pension plan
- Ensure compliance with all relevant and current transport legislation.
- Investigating all vehicle accidents, provide clear and concise reports for both the management and insurance companies and contribute and agree on the corrective action to be taken and preventative measures to be implemented.
- Manage overall transport costs (including fuel, vehicle running and replacement costs, and purchasing of new vehicles).
- Manage overall transport schedule including location and use of vehicles, service schedules, vehicle breakdown repairs, and MOT maintenance.
- Undertake regular reviews of providers (including reviews of service, quality and value for money).
- Contribute and provide advice, where appropriate on transport health and safety issues.
- Liaising with other Senior Managers within the business
What our client is looking for in a Transport Manager;
- CPC – Certificate of Professional Competence - ESSENTIAL
- Minimum of 3 years experience within a similar role - ESSENTIAL
- IOSH - ADVANTAGEOUS
- Customer, people and results centric
- IT – ability to leverage software and hardware platforms to advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent people management and communicator
Key skills or similar Job titles:
Transport Operations Manager, Transport Group Manager, Fleet Manager
Telford, Much Wenlock, Ironbridge, Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Bridgnorth
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as a recruitment agency, agent, agencies, employment agency or employment business
Job Reference: job-10877
search our jobs