£38,000 - £40,000 | PER ANNUM
Recruit4staff is proud to be representing their client, a leading manufacturing company in their search for a Purchasing Manager to work in for leading facility in Shrewsbury.
For the successful Purchasing Manager our client is offering;
- Permanent position
- Standard hours of 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
- 28 days holiday plus one day for your birthday, non contractual
- Training and development opportunities
- Competitive Salary of £40,000 per annum
The Role of the Purchasing Manager;
- Manage the working relationship with existing suppliers
- Tendering & re-sourcing and supplier rationalization
- Aim to bring on new customers
- Identify opportunities for cost saving
- Marketing budgets
- Sourcing new products through the Supplier relationship
- Liaise with internal stakeholders
- Complete monthly KPI reports
- Monitor monthly rebate targets through the course of the year
- Categorise pricing reviews, benchmarking activities and tender processes
- Working with Stock Control to ensure both stock turn and Non movement stock are in line to targets agreed.
What our client is looking for in a Purchasing Manager;
- Minimum of 3 years direct procurement experience within a purchasing team - ESSENTIAL
- Education to AS/A Level standard and/or 4 to 5 Grade A-C GCSE’s
- Good demonstrated knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding, cost breakdown and evidence of cost savings achieved.
Alternative job titles;
Buying Manager, Procurement Manager, Buyer, Senior Buyer, Lead Buyer, Purchasing Lead, Category Buyer, Category Specialist, Purchasing Supervisor, Procurement Supervisor
Shrewsbury, Atcham, Telford, Whitchurch, Prees, Wem, Oswestry, Meole Brace
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as a recruitment agency, agent, agencies, employment agency or employment business.
Job Reference: job-12918
search our jobs