£35,000 - £36,500 | PER ANNUM
Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading distributer in their search for a Transport Manager for their site in Shrewsbury.
For the successful Transport Manager our client is offering:
The role - Transport Manager:
- Starting salary depending on experience
- Day shifts Monday to Friday (some flexibility will be needed)
- 28 days holiday (includes bank holidays)
- Permanent position.
- Company pension plan
- Healthcare plan
- Ensure compliance with all relevant and current transport legislation.
- Investigating all vehicle accidents
- Conducting weekly audits of the fleet
- Carrying out monthly reports on Transport KPIs to Senior Management
- Provide clear and concise reports for both the management and insurance companies
- Vehicle maintenance and transport compliance
- Manage overall transport schedule including location and use of vehicles, service schedules, vehicle breakdown repairs, and MOT maintenance.
- Undertake regular reviews of providers (including reviews of service, quality and value for money).
- Contribute and provide advice, where appropriate on transport health and safety issues.
What our client is looking for in a Transport Manager;
- CPC – Certificate of Professional Competence - ESSENTIAL
- Minimum of 3 years experience within a similar role - ESSENTIAL
- IT – ability to leverage software and hardware platforms to advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent people management and communicator
Key skills or similar Job titles:
Transport Operations Manager, Transport Group Manager, Fleet Manager
Shrewsbury, Atcham, Prees, Oswestry, Wem, Whitchurch, Bicton Heath, Telford
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as a recruitment agency, agent, agencies, employment agency or employment business
Job Reference: job-12218
search our jobs