Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading Manufacturing / Service company in their search for a Supply Chain Specialist to work in their leading facility in Shropshire
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will perform a wide range of tasks and lead the department to ensure support is given to the wider business
For the successful Supply Chain Specialist our client is offering:
- £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
- Company Car
- Day’s position (8 am to 5 pm)
- Permanent position
- Death in service
- Company Pension
- Heath Care scheme
- Free parking onsite
The role: Supply Chain Specialist:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Specialist to join an established manufacturing / Service team
The Duties; Supply Chain Specialist
- Supports the overall lean six sigma program for the business
- Identifies and implements lean six sigma improvement activities on the shop floor
- Facilitates continuous improvement events and workshops
- Works on projects both individually and cross-functionally
- Create and maintain departmental process documentation and standard operating procedures
- Manage the overall logistics associated with the project intake process from idea through project initiation.
- Partner with project stakeholders as needed to support project analysis, initiation, and delivery.
- Willingness to be creative as the Company develops key processes and best practices.
- Trains workforce on the various tools of lean six sigma
- Implements CI / Lean method projects on the shop floor in a wide variety of areas (5S, Visual Management, Standard Work, DMS, etc.) with bottom-line impact.
What our client is looking for in a Supply Chain Specialist:
- Business or technical relevant University degree
- 3 to 5 years of practical experience with lean methods / Continuous Improvement in a manufacturing environment - Green Belt DESIRABLE
- Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Continuous Improvement concepts
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, project management software required
- Able to construct Value Stream Maps (current and future states), identify improvements and lead cross-functional teams in developing improvements
- Background in manufacturing, automation, or other continuous processes
- Able to perform business analytics and connect problem-solving and continuous improvement activities to a business case.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams.
Key skills or similar Job titles as the Supply Chain Specialist position:
Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Specialist, SixSigma, Lean Manufacturing Manager.
The Supply Chain Specialist position is Commutable From:
Oswestry, Welshpool, Shrewsbury, Telford, Whitchurch, Wrexham, Mold, Stoke-on-Trent, Crewe, Chester, Deeside, North Wales, Shropshire, Powys
For further information about Supply Chain Specialist and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff who are operating as a recruitment agency, agent, agencies, employment agency or employment business.
Job Reference: job-12308