Mechanical Design Engineer
Recruit4staff is proud to be representing their client, a leading manufacturing company in their search for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work in their leading facility in Welshpool
Please only apply if you have previous Supervisory experience within a DESIGN ENGINEERING/DRAWING OFFICE environment
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Design/Engineering Supervisor to join a large manufacturing business within the Welshpool area, you MUST have a strong personality and previous supervisory experience
For the successful Mechanical Design Engineer our client is offering;
- Permanent position
- Salary between 30,000 - 35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 8.30 17.30 pm Monday Thursday, 9.00 am - 3.00 pm finish Friday
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. We also offer an additional five service days.
- Pension scheme at auto-enrolment rates
- Death in Service benefit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Know Your Numbers optional health checks
- On-site car park
The Role of the Mechanical Design Engineer;
- To manage, prioritise and delegate the Drawing Office Department workload subject to the on-going demands of the Company needs.
- Ensure internal and external technical requirements are met and provided in an agreed and timely manner. These include but are not limited works drawings and As-Built drawings.
- Provide mentoring skills, guidance and technical support to other members of the Drawing Office, to agreed levels of competency.
- Create and maintain a library of standard and bespoke drawings that can be utilised for future business support.
- Develop and continue to develop production drawings and specifications across existing and new product types.
- Interact with other Departments, Managers, and Directors as the business requires
- Provide data to Sales Department for drawing times.
- Liaise with the R & D + Technical Manager to ensure the most up to date drawings and technical specifications are available.
- Support R & D + Technical Department with design or resource when agreed.
- Develop with Head of Department and IT personnel the Drawing Office Department hardware and software needs including but not limited to Solidworks and Driveworks.
- Produce monthly departmental report for Senior Management.
What our client is looking for in a Mechanical Design Engineer;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar management or leadership role.
- Computer literate with extensive experience and understanding of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Solidworks
- Able to manage multiple tasks, working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- High standard of secondary education qualifications.
- Advanced level educational qualifications - Desirable
- Knowledge of DriveWorks - Desirable
Alternative job titles;
Design Supervisor, Drawing Office Supervisor
Welshpool, Newtown, Oswestry, Shrewsbury, St Martins, Wrexham, Ellesmere
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as a recruitment agency, agent, agencies, employment agency or employment business.
Welshpool Campaign 1
Job Reference: JOB-8840
Back to job search
search our jobs