Recruit4staff is proud to be representing their client, a leading manufacturer in their search for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to work in their leading facility in Telford
This role is more Electrically biased, but you MUST have Mechanical Experience
Due to a request from the hiring manager, you MUST have previous experience within the Plastics/PVC/Extrusion industry, please ONLY apply if you have this background.
This role is Monday to Friday, but you will be required to be on Standby for call outs should machine issues happen in an evening or over the weekend
For the successful Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer our client is offering;
- Permanent position
- 7.00 am-5.00 pm Monday to Friday
- Salary of up to 45,000 per annum
- Free parking
The Role of the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer will include:
- Carry out daily planned and unplanned duties as instructed by the Engineering Services Manager or Lead Development Engineer.
- Carry out planned compliance activities and maintain relevant documentation and records to ensure adherence to legal requirements.
- Respond to machinery breakdowns as and when they occur, prioritised by production requirements and allotted work schedule.
- Carry out planned repairs to site and plant equipment as required to manufacturers standards
- Complete allotted tasks in a timely and safe fashion so as to maximise factory output and minimise downtime.
- Record all required information and update technical documentation for all operations as per company works instructions/procedures.
- Alert relevant people to process and engineering concerns and proactively identify opportunities for improvement.
- Agree and complete training and development requirements as determined by the Maintenance Supervisor and the training plan.
- Transfer the knowledge and skills among the team (others).
- Correct use and safeguarding of property issued by the company.
- Ensure workplace is clean and tidy all housekeeping procedures followed, associated with tasks.
- Creation / updating of standard operating procedures and risk assessments
- Undertake other reasonable duties as and when required.
What our client is looking for in a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer:
- You must hold 17th or 18th edition - ESSENTIAL
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- A positive approach to the working environment.
- Higher educational electrical qualification
- Good mechanical aptitude - ESSENTIAL
Alternative job titles;
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Multi-Skilled, Mechanical, Electrical, 17th edition, 18th edition, wiring regulations, Electrical Maintenance
Telford, Shrewsbury, Wolverhampton, Bridgnorth, Newport, Market Drayton, Whitchurch, Cannock, Stafford
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as a recruitment agency, agent, agencies, employment agency or employment business.
Job Reference: JOB-8897
Back to job search