Loading
Job Title
Shunter Driver
Location
Shrewsbury
Salary
£9.00 - £9.50
Expected Duration
Temporary to Permanent

Recruit4staff are proud to be representing their client, a leading FMCG company in their search for 2 Shunter Drivers to work in their facility in Wem

90% of this role will be warehousing and the other 10% of this role will be shunting and moving trailers around in the yard, due to this reason you MUST have previous HGV Driving experience

Although the client is looking for 2 Shunter Drivers, for the first 4-6 weeks you will be based in the warehouse, before moving onto the Shunting once you have trained up.

To begin with you will start on the warehouse rate of 9.00 per hour, before moving onto the shunting rate of 9.50 per hour once you are doing that job.

 For the successful Shunter Driver our client is offering:

  1. Starting pay rate of 9.00 per hour, rising to 9.50 per hour 
  2. 7.00 am - 19.00 pm (4 on 4 off days)
  3. Temporary - Permanent positions
  4. Overtime available
  5. Free parking

The role - Shunter Driver 

  1. Loading and unloading trailers of raw material and packaging
  2. Carrying out quality checks and maintaining paperwork
  3. Order picking
  4. Loading the finished product ready for despatch
  5. Recording details of the products loaded
  6. Preparing and issuing of packaging
  7. Stocktaking
  8. Maintaining the warehouse and yard
  9. Daily use of an electric pallet truck

What our client is looking for in a Shunter Driver 

  1. Previous experience in a food manufacturing company preferred
  2. Previous HGV Driving Experience - ESSENTIAL
  3. Previous warehousing experience
  4. Previous PPT experience is ESSENTIAL

Key skills or similar Job titles:

HGV Driver / Yardsman / Yards Person / Order Picker / Goods In / Despatch / PPT Driver

 

Commutable From:

Wem, Shrewsbury, Prees, Oswestry, Telford, Market Drayton, Whitchurch

 

For further information about this and other positions please apply now.

This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff who are operating as a recruitment agency, agent, agencies, employment agency or employment business.

Job Reference: JOB-9185

Apply Now

Back to job search

search our jobs

What ?

Where ?

Temp/Perm?