Recruit4staff is proud to be representing their client, a leading manufacturer in their search for a Warehouse Operative to work in their leading facility in Telford
Although this is a warehouse based role, the candidate MUST hold both a Counterbalance & Reach forklift license.
For the successful Warehouse Operative our client is offering;
- Temporary-Permanent position
- 7.15 am 4.45 pm Monday-Thursday, 3.30pm finish Friday
- Salary rate of 9.50 per hour
- Free parking
- Overtime available
The Role of the Warehouse Operative;
- Reconcile and maintain documentation in line with product movements to/from and between sub-contractors.
- Differentiate and understand each company product to ensure the works order card is correct for bin content.
- Understand and follow procedures for Goods-In/Out area.
- Receive and dispatch products/materials from vehicles
- Organise collection/delivery via subcontract transport.
- Liaise with sub-contractors/freight carriers
- Receive and reconcile goods/raw materials on delivery.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping within area, together with other team members. Keep area free from obstruction and ensure a safe working environment.
- Offer suggestions where appropriate to improve working methods and towards developing a continuous improvement environment.
- Operate FLT and overhead crane in a safe manner and in line with procedures.
- To be harness trained to assist steel deliveries.
- Obtain documentation of shipment from distribution office
- Ensure the driver has the correct paperwork. Ensure we retain correct paperwork and that such paperwork is duly signed for by the driver. File retained paperwork.
- Differentiate and understand each company product to ensure the packing of the product is undertaken correctly and efficiently and placed in the right boxes.
- Understand and follow packing instructions/procedures.
- Construct cartons efficiently to reduce wastage.
- Pack product into, whilst consecutively carrying out visual inspection of the product.
- Operate labeling machine ensuring the label and carton contents match.
- Manual handle full boxes onto a pallet
- Prioritise packing
- Conduct routine maintenance to schedule.
- Ensure packing scales calibrated each week.
What our client is looking for in a Warehouse Operative;
- NVQ I/II Warehouse and distribution
- Counterbalance forklift license - ESSENTIAL
- Reach truck forklift license - ESSENTIAL
- Engineering industry, shop floor experience.
- Able to lift heavy boxes in accordance with current Health & Safety Manual Handling regulations.
- Computer Literate Excel - ESSENTIAL
Alternative job titles;
Stores Person, Stock Controller, Inventory Controller, FLT Driver, Counterbalance, FLT Reach
Telford, Shrewsbury, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Bridgnorth, Shifnal, Newport, Market Drayton
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff (Telford) who are operating as a recruitment agency, agent, agencies, employment agency or employment business.
Job Reference: JOB-9189
Back to job search
search our jobs